Mar 20, 2012

My next project - Lhotse 8516m

Tomorrow starts another Himalayan adventure!

In the next 24 days, I will guide a group of trekkers to Everest BC and back to Kathmandu. A beautiful and spectacular trip which offers many highlights.   really enjoy this area and have the opportunity to show others this unique place.
I do it also as a training and acclimatization before the climbing on Lhotse. excellent preparation.

The Lhotse project is a dream which has long been in my mind - now I am going.
I am leaving Kathmandu around the 13/4 and will hit BC around the 21/4
From there, anything can happen. I have approx. 5 weeks on the mountain. This time I will again try to make the climb without the use of artificial o2 (oxygen bottle) I want to climb as clean as possible! It also means that I do not want to use support on the mountain - porter and so on. I what to climb this beautiful mountain as light as possible. It deserves it.

This time I will be on the mountain with a climbing partner - If everything goes as planned, I will meet my new partner in BC. More about him before I leave Kathmandu.


You can follow me and the project on www.topas.dk in a week or so from now! There will be updates and photos from the expedition.