Aug 24, 2011

Adventure and high mountains

Right now I am enjoying the Danish “summer” and struggling to get back in super shape ... over the next many months would I be staying in Nepal. From the start of October to early January, I will guide two groups around Khumbu Valley - Everest Base Camp trek and show them some of my favorite places! One of the groups is a extended edition of the BC trek. We will do a crossing of the three 5000 m mountain pass: Kongma La (5,534 m), Cho La (5,345 m) and Renjo La (5,415 m) and climb some of the small trekking peaks.
Check out these links for more info and registration
http://www.topas.dk/pages/turbeskrivelse-everest-base-camp-tre-spektakulaere-bjergpas.html

http://www.topas.dk/pages/Turbeskrivelse-Nepal---Everest-Basecamp-.html
Between the two departures / jobs, I have about a month to my own adventures. The plan is to go to Ama Dablam (6856m) and make a “quick” alpine ascent. The acclimatization will I get through the BC trek and maybe a few small ascents along the way. The plan is then to move myself and my gear further into the mountains. I have a strong wish to go to some more isolated area and try to make a climb there. More about that later;)

Few days after my return from Nepal, I proceed to Argentina where I once again will guide on Aconcagua (6962m). This time I have two ascents - the first where I only guide one client and shortly after a group of around 12 to 14 clients. It is really going to be hard, since the first ascent only have a timeframe of 14 days (Denmark - Argentina - Denmark) well ... I'm ready and I will do everything possible to make this little project successful.
2011 Summit team at Aconcagua Base Camp.
Photo by Jakob Urth

Check out these links for more info and registration
http://www.topas.dk/pages/Turbeskrivelse-Argentina---Aconcagua-bestigning.html

well ...... then I've got big plans for a expedition next spring in Nepal. This means .......... I want to go alone and try again to make an ascent of a 8000m mountain without using artificial oxygen ...... more about this project soon;)
guess a mountain?
 my beloved down suit from The North Face at 7200m on Cho Oyu

Next fall (2012) it will be something completely new. I will guide the "Seven Summits" mountain Carstensz Pyramid on the island of Papua in Indonesia. It will truly be an adventure and I look forward to visit this amazing place and culture.
Check out this link for more info and registration.
http://www.topas.dk//pages/turbeskrivelse-indonesien-papua-ekspedition-til-carstensz-pyramide.html

The picture to the left is an ad from Topas Travel and if everything goes to plan I will guide all these fantastic trips during this and next year.
well ... it makes me happy.